‘We,’ ‘Our’ means Best Food Logistics is a trading name of Booker Direct Ltd (Registered number: 04004640) whose registered office is at Equity House, Irthlingborough Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 1LT
1. What Personal Information will we collect?
When you open an account with us, we need to know your name, your address, your email address and telephone number.
2. Our use of your personal information
We will only use your Personal Information as the law allows us. We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
• to perform the contract we have entered into with you;
• to comply with a legal obligation;
• it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
• when you consent to us doing so (for example if you consent to receiving from us information about our services)
3. When might we disclose your Personal Information to others?
We may disclose your Personal Information to others in the following circumstances and/or purposes:
• where we are required to do so by the Courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements;
• to prevent and/or detect crime;
• for credit reference purposes;
If you have (or had an account with us), unless you have opted not to receive them, we may send you marketing, advertising and promotional offers from us.
Opting out - You can ask us at any time to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of data that is sent to the browser that you are using on your device (a computer or mobile phone) by the website’s computer. The data file will store information you give to us during your visit so that we can “remember” you on subsequent visits letting you move around the site without having to re-input the same information over and over again. For the cookies that we use please click here
6. When might we transfer your Personal Information abroad?
We may sometimes need to transfer your Personal Information abroad to our group companies and/or service providers. We have group companies based in South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. If we do transfer your Personal Information abroad, we will do so in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that if you communicate with us electronically, including by e-mail, telephone or fax, this communication may be randomly monitored and/or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers. This includes for the purposes of maintaining customer/ service quality standards, detection of and/ or prevention of crime and to ensure that our employees comply with legal obligations and our policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices).
9. Requests for access to Personal Information / Requests to be Forgotten
We are happy to provide you with details of the Personal Information, which we process about you. Please direct any such request to If you wish us to ‘forget you,’ please let us know and we will delete your Personal Information (save to the extent we are required to retain any of the Personal Information by law).
To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we follow strict storage and disclosure procedures, which means that we will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing or forgetting such personal information. Please direct any such request to email@example.com or by post to Human Resources Department, Best Food Logistics, Salmon Fields, Royton, Oldham, Lancs, OL2 6JG
Please help us to keep your Personal Information current and accurate by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Human Resources Department, Best Food Logistics, Salmon Fields, Royton, Oldham, Lancs, OL2 6JG if your Personal Information is or becomes inaccurate and/or out-of-date.
As you may be aware, no data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we will always use reasonable endeavours to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information and the use of our website (including the e-mail facilities) is at your own risk.
12. Changes to this policy
v. March 2020