Benefits: Pension, 26 days Holiday, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme.
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing & Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at all Pizza Express & Pizza Hut Restaurants (exc. buffet & deals)
- 25% discount at selected Burger King restaurants
- Contributory pension
- 1 year life assurance for all colleagues; or 3 years if you join the pension scheme
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family & the opportunity to join a healthcare cash plan
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including cinema vouchers & a cycle to work scheme
A great holiday package – 26 days pro rata
Our Best Food Logistics Taunton Depot has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and well organised individual to join their team as Transport Manager. The objective of this role is to control all costs within the budget and ensure the department operates within the legal frame of Transport Legislation.
You will be expected to manage the demands of the busy shift, and ensuring your team have the required skills and knowledge to excel in their roles, providing leadership and guidance where required and producing reports in a timely manner. Key tasks include ensuring maximum efficiency from routing whilst encouraging fuel cost savings, ensure compliance with legal requirements, Transport Health & Safety legislation, vehicle maintenance, adhere to Ministry records, aware of food standards agency and prove due diligence. You will also be accountable for the warehouse team, trucking process and depot standards and compliance. You will monitor and control our of hours process, colleague induction/training, ensure a consistent approach to development, absence, grievance, and disciplinary procedures and enhance and promote professionalism with the department.
You will effectively manage staffing levels and meet targets and standards which support the achievement of our objectives.
To be successful, you should have the ability to build good team relationships, identify colleagues training needs, promote Health & Safety best practice, and possess first class organisation and people management skills. You will hold you international Certificate of Professional Competence, through knowledge of transport legislation and have previous experience of Microlise.
In addition to the above the successful candidate will live within 45 minutes of the depot.
You will need strong PC skill, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. It is essential that you have previous experience of people management & development and that you can demonstrate a working knowledge of transport and haulage regulations. Reliability and flexibility will be key aspects of this challenging role.
It is essential that you have:
Previous experience of leading a team in a similar distribution and logistics environment
A strong grasp of both European and domestic tachograph legislation
Excellent communication skills and be a keen problem solver
Experience of performance evaluation, feedback and preparing development plans
Experience of managing your own budget responsibilities
- Closing Date:
- 21st March 2024
- 40 Hours
- Reference Number:
- Competitive Salary and great benefits package