The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount at Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- Pizza Hut Restaurants: 25% discount after 3pm, excludes buffet and deals
- 25% discount at selected Burger King restaurants
- Contributory Pension.
- 1 year life assurance for all colleagues; or 3 years if you join the pension scheme
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family & the opportunity to join a healthcare cash plan
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including cinema vouchers & a cycle to work scheme
- A great holiday package – 29 days pro rata
We operate the UK’s only flexible multi-temp, shared customer delivery logistics network. We buy, warehouse, pick and distribute products to the nation’s best loved food and drink brands every single day and provide the best experience to our customers.
Our warehouse is fast paced and forms an essential part of the depot in delivering the right products to our customers on time. We have an opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor to support and facilitate the success of the warehouse.
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Warehouse Operatives on a day-to-day basis ensuring productivity targets and safe working methods are met.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand the agreed requirements of internal and/or external customer and deliver on these requirements
- Communicate the required standards to the Warehouse team and ensure they are fully understood
- Train and coach Warehouse staff to achieve set standards
- Monitor team performance and behaviour, where necessary take corrective action to achieve agreed standards
- Complete new starter 3/7/11 reviews and contribute to the decisions on confirmation of employment
- Motivate team members by communicating performance targets, areas for improvement, giving praise and recognition for achievement or improvement
- Ensure employees understand company policies and procedures
- Be visible in leading the team and area in maintaining and improving safety standards with the objective of zero accidents
- Take appropriate measures to minimise stock loss and cost of credits in their area
- Maintain standards of housekeeping and hygiene in line with depot quality and safety standards
- Understand and comply with the relevant food safety legislation, ensuring team members comply with and understand the requirements in which they have been trained
- Understand and implement the Discipline and Grievance policies, through participating in Disciplinary/Investigatory meetings acting as Chair/Investigating Officer as necessary
- Actively seek to solve Grievance issues promptly and wherever possible informally before the formal procedure is invoked
- Manage the demands of the shift, dealing with problems that may arise in a professional, effective manner
- Identify staff training and development needs
- Monitor morale levels within the team and communicate any concerns to your Manager
- Monitor the administration of payroll and attendance recording, to ensure accuracy and issues or trends are highlighted
- Adopt a flexible approach to working shifts including weekends and Bank Holidays to deliver an efficient and effective service to customers in line with any operational requirements
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues in all departments and the management team
- By words and actions, promote a positive, achievement orientated and respectful work environment with your team and colleagues
40 hours per week over 4 days which may include weekends and public holidays.
Potential Overtime available.
- Closing Date:
- 1st July 2023
- Reference Number: