- Reporting To:
- Warehouse Supervisors
- 40 Hours Per Week
- Job Type:
- Warehouse Operative
- Closing Date:
- 28th June 2021
- Competitive Salary, Pension, 28 days Holiday (pro-rata) Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme, Tesco Colleague Card
We are looking for Warehouse Operatives to join our team with a real can-do attitude who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service and willing to go the extra mile for our customers.
ü Are you enthusiastic, committed and driven to achieve effective results and reach all targets?
ü Do you take pride in your work and look at ways to improve not only your own performance but that of the team and business as a whole?
ü Do you have previous experience working in a fast-paced warehouse?
ü Are you flexible in working a 5-day rolling rota shift pattern where you are contracted to work weekends and Bank/Public holidays?
If you have answered yes to all the above and want to be part of the Best team, then we may have the perfect role for you.
As a warehouse operative, the role is not just about picking the right products for delivery, but ensuring our customers get the best service and all products are received in immaculate condition.
You will be responsible for
- The accurate picking and dispatch of goods using voice technology
- Checking quality, shelf life and ensuring packaging is robust in preparation for delivery
- Ensuring all products are assembled and methodically stacked to the highest standard for our clients.
- Working with all team members to ensure that corporate goals and operational KPI’s are consistently achieved and maintained
- Compliance at all times with relevant legislation involved in Food Safety and Food Hygiene
- Health and Safety and reporting procedures relevant to your role
- Consistently operating a clean as you go principle
- Full cooperation with other departments/depots to ensure maximum efficiencies are met
- Always maintaining a professional and polite attitude
- Playing your part in ensuring audits are passed by adhering to all process and procedures applicable to your role
- Undertake any other duties that may from time to time prove necessary
Health and Safety is vital within this role therefore you will be expected to comply with all requirements of the Health and Safety policy and procedure including safety checks of all equipment before use and wearing Personal Protective Equipment. Safety starts with you!
You will need to
- Give 100% to effectively achieve your targets
- Take pride in your work and ensure minimal picking errors and damage to products
- Be adaptable and resilient to meet the ever-changing demands of our business
- Be able to follow instructions either verbal or written
- Be reliable and a good timekeeper
- You must be clean and presentable at all times
What’s in it for you?
As a colleague at Best Food Logistics we offer excellent benefits and rewards.
You will enjoy but are not limited to:
- Salary up to £ inclusive of allowances
- Discounted shopping in both Tesco and Booker stores
- 29 days annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Uniform provided
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye tests and subsidised eye care
- Career development opportunities and internal development schemes
- Subsidised canteen at Royton and Banbury sites
- Free onsite parking
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
So if you have what it takes to be part of the Best Team, don’t delay, apply today.
Apply for this job