- Reference Number:
- Reporting To:
- Transport Operations Manager
- 40 Hours Per Week
- Job Type:
- Closing Date:
- 27th December 2019
- Pension, 25 days Holiday pa, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
An opportunity has arisen to become part of an innovative, forward thinking transport operation within the Best Food logistics team, overseeing all aspects of the transport operation of a dynamic and fast growing contract, serviced from our Hoddesdon depot. Accountabilities and responsibilities will encompass all aspects of Transport team, KPI and contractual requirements:
- Accountable for all transport legislation and compliance through appropriate policy and procedures
- The development of all the transport team, leading a culture of continuous improvements to meet the existing and future demands of the business
- Maximisation of day to day transport operational performance in line with company strategy and contractual KPI
- Participating in implementing the overall transport strategy and your own business improvement plans and decisions
The successful candidate will be a key stake holder in ensuring the transport department minimises risk on a day to day basis whilst remaining productive and controlling costs. Key areas of focus will be in the following areas:
Health and Safety – Overall accountability for all aspects of Health and Safety in line with legal and statutory compliance, ensuring that all licenses, CPC, Training needs are legal, identified and actioned as appropriate, with clear reporting and monitoring of risks console.
- Accidents and Incidents – Complete root cause analysis of any reporting trends as well as advice on possible remedial action, take a proactive approach on analysis for prevention and deliver improvements.
- Site Productivity and Performance – Set stretching targets for self and Shift Managers against budgets, produce and utilise reporting information to track and monitor data and trend analysis. Create and drive solutions to maximise the utilisation of resources and equipment. Share any findings with partners and cost savings ideas across all teams
- Maintenance and Repair – Accountable for the overall vehicle repairs and scheduled maintenance. Review overall costs to identify opportunities, cost trends and risks, highlight and implement appropriate solutions.
- Managing standards in line with ISO and BRC Standards to ensure they are maintained and improved upon
- Costs – Optimise and deliver cost savings within the transport P&L, ensure that you have a live continuous improvement, and business improvement plan
- KPI – Robustly track, manage and monitor all transport KPI’s and ensure you complete your own and team objectives and deliver against People, Cost, Customer and Operations
- Customer interface – Accountable for delivering service to contractual requirements, driving continuous improvement through appropriate customer interfaces, processes and procedures for both internal and internal customers.
The successful candidate will hold a Transport Manager CPC qualification and be one of the responsible O licence holders for the Hoddesdon site. They will have extensive operational experience, as well as expertise in leading and developing a diverse team throughout a change environment for an innovative and growing customer.
Should you wish to apply for this role please click on the link below and either leave your contact details so that we can contact you or attach an up to date CV for our perusal.