The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount at Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at all Pizza Express & Pizza Hut Restaurants (exc. buffet & deals)
- 25% discount at selected Burger King restaurants
- Contributory Pension.
- 1 year life assurance for all colleagues; or 3 years if you join the pension scheme
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family & the opportunity to join a healthcare cash plan
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including cinema vouchers & a cycle to work scheme
- A great holiday package – 29 days pro rata
We are currently recruiting a Transport Shift Manager to join our Transport team in Hoddesdon.
The objective of the role is to ensure that our large, fast-moving Transport operation runs smoothly and efficiently, by achieving optimum service levels across all contracts whilst working to specific KPIs.
You will be expected to manage the demands of the busy shift, dealing with problems that arise in a professional, effective, and timely manner. You will therefore be able to work as part of a team, communicate effectively at all levels and be familiar with all aspects of legislation relating to commercial vehicles (including tachograph and drivers’ hour’s regulations). You will be involved in monitoring and controlling costs within the department and will be required to provide related reports to the Transport Manager and Accounts Department.
We are therefore looking for a high calibre applicant to lead, develop and motivate our team of Assistant Shift Managers and multi-drop Drivers and Staff to reach their full potential.
You will effectively manage staffing levels and meet targets and standards which support the achievement of our objectives.
To be successful, you should have the ability to build good team relationships, identify employees’ training needs, promote Health & Safety best practice, and possess first class organisation and people management skills. Ideally, you will already be a CPC holder, however, we will consider applicants, who are in the process of studying CPC and have previous experience of Tacho Master and Microlise.
You must be well-organised, self-motivated, and have the ability to manage your time effectively. You will require strong PC skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
It is essential that you have previous experience of people management & development and that you can demonstrate a working knowledge of transport and haulage regulations. Reliability and flexibility will be key aspects of this challenging role.
- Closing Date:
- 5th June 2023
- 48 hours per week
- Reference Number: