Benefits: Pension, 29 days holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Hut & Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
Working as part of the transport team in achieving divisional targets you will provide a first class service ensuring vehicles are moved safely around the yard on and off loading bays, then parking them safely and preparing them for departure.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be aware and adhere to all driving legislation required for driving a LGV Class 1 vehicle and follow all Health & Safety procedures and be responsible for your own and other people’s Health and Safety
- Checking that freezer thermostats and refrigerator units are working correctly and reporting any faults via the relevant channels
- You will comply at all times with all relevant legislation in food safety and chill chain standards and ensure that the fridge is set to the correct temperature for the job being done.
- Reporting any health and safety issues on vehicles and in your working environment
- Checking and ensuring that the transport department are aware of any damage to the vehicles
- Maintaining constant communication with the Transport Department via a handheld radio to ensure that suitable vehicles are available as and when required.
There will be an occasional need for offsite travel to collect vehicles from workshops as required and other ad hoc duties including supporting the trunking operation if and when required.
An LGV Class 1 licence is an essential requirement for this role, as is the need to observe company Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
48 hours per week which may include public holidays.
Potential Overtime available.
It is essential that you hold a Counterbalance Forklift licence, Class 1 Driving Licence, and full CPC training. Experience of working in a similar role, liaising with customers, strong map reading abilities and multi-drop experience is desirable.
We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
Salary stated may include temporary payments
- Closing Date:
- 8th July 2022
- Reference Number:
- £38,067.08 per annum, inclusive of allowances