The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount at Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- Pizza Hut Restaurants: 25% discount after 3pm, excludes buffet and deals
- 25% discount at selected Burger King restaurants
- Contributory Pension.
- 1 year life assurance for all colleagues; or 3 years if you join the pension scheme
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family & the opportunity to join a healthcare cash plan
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including cinema vouchers & a cycle to work scheme
- A great holiday package – 29 days pro rata
We have an opportunity for a People Partner to join our fast paced & dynamic team, reporting into the Head of People for Best Food Logistics.
Responsible for partnering the Centre Manager and/or Business Leaders, ensuring excellent delivery of the core People agenda; cultivating and reinforcing Best/Booker as A Place to Get On and a Great Place to Work where Everyone is Welcome.
- Partner Centre Managers and Business Leaders in your area to deliver a great colleague experience focused on talent/development of people and, health and wellness.
- Support Centre Managers and Business Leaders to coach and develop high potential talent whilst ensuring those who need support to improve are supported.
- Support Centre Managers and Business Leaders in identifying key capability needs for my area, being curious, agitating and engaging managers to identify and achieve.
- This role includes the Line Manager responsibility of a HR Advisor and works closely with the Central Functions Team.
- Driving the talent agenda locally, coaching Centre Managers and high performing Team/Lead Managers; creating diverse career paths for those wanting to get on, ensuring diversity & inclusion is embedded into everything I do.
- Communicate to and engage the teams you partner to deploy the people plan priorities and initiatives as well as our core people cycle activities.
- Self-serve using central platforms (e.g., Our Booker, TribePad etc) to provide people insight to teams which informs judgement, action planning and decision making at a local level.
- Working with local union representatives and officials on any business as usual or local activity.
- Provide advice on absence cases, specifically supporting and guiding my partnering teams on sensitive wellness cases or people crisis situations.
- Provide advice in respect of dispute resolution (Disciplinary and Grievance) with a focus on coaching managers to resolve issues informally where possible – attend some hearings as HR advice and note taker.
- Manage Employment Tribunal Claims received by the Business in relation to your partnering area, liaising with Company legal advisors and Head of HR
- Supporting the deployment of change projects into centres focusing on talent moves/interventions, training and development to implement right first time
- Supporting the alignment of structures & hours, ensuring our resource is aligned to future priorities.
- Provide expert support and guidance during recruitment campaigns
- Partner Centre Managers and Business Leaders on management resourcing
- Keeping up to date with People Practices (e.g., People Policies, employment law) both internally and externally.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
Operational skills relevant for this job
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion agenda and practices.
- Understanding of the broader internal and external talent good practice.
- Clear sense of ownership and an ability to follow through tenaciously to resolve issues.
- An understanding of emerging trends in HR and the broader market.
- Ability to think strategically allied with a practical approach to execution.
- Experience working with Trade Union's in a logistics environment.
- Broad understanding of our business, our strategy and plans.
- Consulting and Partnering.
- Commercial 'Know How'
- Colleague Experts.
Experience relevant for this job:
- Broad knowledge of general HR principles which includes specialist knowledge of internal or external talent management and acquisition.
- CIPD qualification or equivalent desirable.
- Experience of developing and executing strategic plans.
We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
Apply for this job Back
- Closing Date:
- 9th June 2023
- Support Centre Roles
- Reference Number: